Eispark Osttirol12.49648590000003878231 47.11904861710065972602 : 01.01.1970 01:00 2 0 0 0 0 Eispark Osttirol Tirol //maps.google.at/maps?q=Tauer%2022%2B9971%2BMatrei /en/ice-climbing-courses/eiskletterkurs?tx_courses_course%5Baction%5D=show&tx_courses_course%5Bcontroller%5D=Course&tx_courses_course%5Bpoi%5D=2&cHash=290b3c1830a2b7473aa2e75805cb05f5
ice climbing course level 3
If you have already gained some experience as a lead climber on ice, your spectrum will be extended to the multi-pitch routes and to the "real" icefalls. The abilities and confidence to lead a multi-rope ice tour is considerably improved with the professional training and the tips & tricks of the ICEGUIDES. In the level 3 - ice climbing course, it is being worked on the one hand on the ice climbing technique in lead climbing, and on the other hand on the safety technique and handling of an icefall. This is the final course of our advanced courses, which turns an ice climbing beginner into a capable multi-pitch ice climber. From this point on you will have the abilities to see the vast number of icefalls in the Alps with different eyes and rediscover them!
If the dates given by us are not possible, we can of course offer the same programme on other dates!
- lead climbing up to 4
- various stand systems for ice climbing
- strategy for multi-rope ice routes
- consolidation of route planning (map, avalanche situation report, avalanche strategies)
- single, half and twin rope techniques
- correct sequence of steps as a rope team on the icefall
- active abseiling
- rescue techniques
- material care
€ 340,00 Preisliste
- meeting point in the Matrei Tauernhaus at 8:00 am
- check the equipment and adjust the crampons
- consolidation of route planning using the map and weather forecast
- choice of tour destination
- access to destination and/or access to tour
- repetition of lead climbing techniques
- repetition of setting ice screws
- stand construction in multi-pitch lengths - icefalls
- sequence of steps as a rope team and strategy in multi-pitch icefalls
- procedure in a short and light multi-pitch icefall
- planning an icefall for the next day
- material care
- consolidation of route planning based on the avalanche situation report and avalanche strategies
- after-talk of the planning and the icefall
- access to destination and access to tour
- procedure of a longer multi-pitch icefall
- or handling of a shorter multi-pitch icefall and first steps in rescue techniques
- after-talk and course conclusion around 4 pm
LEVEL 3 - MULTI-PITCH „Guided Plus“
On another day, after the level 3 - multi-pitch course, the first steps in mixed climbing and drytooling can be made, or the skills in multi-pitch climbing can be trained. The icefalls in the Tauern valley and at the Felbertauern as well as the ice park, and the mixed climbing areas in the region are ideal for this. The ratio of mountain guide to participant is reduced to 1:2.
The fee for the "multi-pitch day" of the iceGuides mountain guide is € 352,00.
Only for participants of level 3 - multi-pitch course!
location / meeting point / how to get there
The Level 1 - Climbing Course takes place in the Ice Park East Tyrol (if otherwise it will be announced at registration). Meeting point is the Matrei Tauernhaus.
In order to keep the prices manageable, the individual course participants are responsible for the journey to the destination and necessary drives during the course. On top of that, it allows you to be flexible and to undertake further activities, such as ski tours in East Tyrol.
sleeping / food
Accommodation and food are not included in the price. However, in addition to the ideal base for the East Tyrolean Ice Park, the Matrei Tauernhaus, there are plenty of accommodation options in Matrei or other places in East Tyrol. We recommend you book the accommodation early enough, as especially in the high season (Christmas, February - March), places are often fully booked.
The tourist information office Matrei in East Tyrol is at your disposal for further information.
Lastly, do not forget a snack (e.g. sweets, power bars, etc.) and liquid for the day. We recommend to bring warm drinks in a thermos.
You can reach the The Ice Park East Tyrol and the Matrei Tauernhaus in:
- 30 min. from Lienz (35 km)
- 50 min. from Kitzbühel (55 km)
- 50 min. from Zell am See (50 km)
- 1.5 h from Spittal an der Drau (110 km)
- 2 h from Salzburg (150 km)
- 2 h from Innsbruck (145 km)
- 2.5 h from Munich / Germany (180 km)
- 3.5 h from Graz (320 km)
- 4 h from Nuremberg / Germany (450 km)
- 4.5 h from Vienna (445 km)
Felbertauernstüberl12.53205590000004576723 47.02225701704280425020 : 01.01.1970 01:00 5 0 0 0 0 Felbertauernstüberl Tirol fileadmin/res/images/content/marker-hotel.png //maps.google.at/maps?q=Kaltenhaus%2024%2B9971%2BMatrei%20in%20Osttirol /en/ice-climbing-courses/eiskletterkurs?tx_courses_course%5Baction%5D=show&tx_courses_course%5Bcontroller%5D=Course&tx_courses_course%5Bpoi%5D=5&cHash=5b6072e45ea5dad65e63acd31a986e2e
Hotel Hinteregger12.53823299999999107968 47.00160081703049996804 : 01.01.1970 01:00 4 0 0 0 0 Hotel Hinteregger Tirol fileadmin/res/images/content/marker-hotel.png //maps.google.at/maps?q=Hintermarkt%204%2B9971%2BMatrei%20in%20Osttirol /en/ice-climbing-courses/eiskletterkurs?tx_courses_course%5Baction%5D=show&tx_courses_course%5Bcontroller%5D=Course&tx_courses_course%5Bpoi%5D=4&cHash=5cef01f589503da541d9213df989c033
Hotel Outside12.53824870000005375914 46.99988281702945158713 : 01.01.1970 01:00 6 0 0 0 0 Hotel Outside Tirol fileadmin/res/images/content/marker-hotel.png //maps.google.at/maps?q=Virgener-Stra%C3%9Fe%203%2B9971%2BMatrei%20in%20Osttirol /en/ice-climbing-courses/eiskletterkurs?tx_courses_course%5Baction%5D=show&tx_courses_course%5Bcontroller%5D=Course&tx_courses_course%5Bpoi%5D=6&cHash=d4848560cf452c8fde947d23b07c9014
Camping Edengarten12.54008390000001327280 46.99534851702677684671 : 01.01.1970 01:00 8 0 0 0 0 Camping Edengarten Tirol fileadmin/res/images/content/marker-hotel.png //maps.google.at/maps?q=Edenweg%2015a%2B9971%2BMatrei%20in%20Osttirol /en/ice-climbing-courses/eiskletterkurs?tx_courses_course%5Baction%5D=show&tx_courses_course%5Bcontroller%5D=Course&tx_courses_course%5Bpoi%5D=8&cHash=75b911104e8d31a5ed80433f28054070
Landerl12.57490649999999732245 46.93419811699035903985 : 01.01.1970 01:00 7 0 0 0 0 Landerl Tirol fileadmin/res/images/content/marker-hotel.png //maps.google.at/maps?q=Nr.%2038%2B9971%2BHuben /en/ice-climbing-courses/eiskletterkurs?tx_courses_course%5Baction%5D=show&tx_courses_course%5Bcontroller%5D=Course&tx_courses_course%5Bpoi%5D=7&cHash=cb9534b3b22413c7876c3b874dfc29a4
apparel and equipment list
Technical material is included in the price.
Since we do not climb constantly, there can be "standing times" in cold temperatures, so make sure to bring along enough warm clothes - one cools down quite quickly!
We recommend you bring light clothing of varying thickness to achieve an "onion system" for greater comfort. Cotton is not suitable as it quickly becomes cold upon getting wet. Skiing apparel, however, works well. Our recommendation: warm merino underwear and a fast warming down jacket.
- long underwear (bottom and top), synthetic, merino or wool
- warm pants (lined or fleece)
- warm fleece or long sleeve shirt (not cotton)
- lined jacket or vest, preferably down jacket
- waterproof jacket with hood (Gore-Tex or nylon)
- waterproof pants (Gore-Tex or nylon)
- socks (merino or ski socks)
- woolen cap or lined cap that protects your ears and fits under a helmet
- waterproof climbing gloves (2 pairs)
- solid mountain boots (in exceptional cases ski boots are also possible)
- gaiters if necessary
- Buff (neck protection)
- a minimum 25 litre backpack (space for clothing, snacks, drinks, climbing equipment)
- sun protection (glasses and cream)
- thermos or water bottle (already full!!!!)
- personal medicine
If you want to take your own technical material with you: (otherwise rental equipment included in the price)
- crampons: must fit the shoes and be easily adjustable, with vertical front teeth
- climbing harness: always with adjustable leg loops
- climbing helmet
- ice axe: steep ice axe
- screw carabines
- backup device: reverso, ATC or similar